Saturday, April 3, 2010

{Coloring Easter Eggs}

April 3, 2010
Today after Jarom's soccer game, we all met over at Grandma and Grandpa Gladden's house to color our Easter Eggs. John and Sandy always set up their old ping-pong table in the back yard and fill up about 50 cups of dye for the kids. Since they each have their own carton of boiled eggs, we just set 'em loose and stand back! Sandy always tries to buy some fun extra's for the kids to decorate with, this year it was some stencils and a glitter mix to sparkle-ize their eggs with. Lane ended up holding Ian, but he wasn't content to just watch dad play with the colored water...oh no...Ian wanted to get his hands in there and help too. He absolutely LOVED coloring the eggs, the problem was that he doesn't know the difference between an egg and a ball yet! His favorite thing to do with the eggs? Throw them of course. But we didn't care, he had so much fun playing with them and Jarom had so much fun eating them! Each Easter I find myself holding my breath and wondering if this will be the year that dying and hiding the eggs becomes 'stupid' and 'dumb'. I hope it never does, I hope the girls can always find the joy in making something that was once plain and white, sparkley and colorful. I hope the challenge of finding the last lost egg, the one nobody remembers hiding, never gets old. It was a great day, and everyone had so much fun, I guess I can breathe easy for at least one more year.

No comments:

Post a Comment